SAN DIEGO (PRWEB) JANUARY 30, 2023 — Greenberg Traurig, LLP opened an office in San Diego, California, the firm’s 44th office globally and sixth office in the Golden State.
Greenberg Traurig’s San Diego office will initially include more than 10 shareholders, of counsel, associates, and other legal professionals from the firm’s leading Intellectual Property & Technology, Labor & Employment, Real Estate, Energy & Natural Resources, and Environmental Practices and will be critical to expanding the services offered to San Diego-based clients and those with significant operations in Southern California. Greenberg Traurig entered the California market in 2000 in Los Angeles and has since expanded into four additional cities throughout the state.
“We are expanding our California office presence to San Diego because this state, as well as the San Diego market, are global economic players with platforms on the international stage,” Greenberg Traurig Chief Executive Officer Brian L. Duffy said. “Our San Diego lawyers have deep roots in California and embody the firm’s commitment to distinguish ourselves when advising clients on their most challenging legal issues.”
As one of the 10 largest cities in the United States, San Diego is a vital hub for California’s dynamic economy, the fifth largest in the world. Greenberg Traurig’s key strengths in life sciences and biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, real estate, tourism and hospitality, and international trade align with the pillars of San Diego’s economy. The city has long attracted both new and established businesses along with the requisite skilled workers. U.S. News & World Report ranks San Diego among its top 15 places to live for quality of life. With work habits shifting, California attorneys can practice law from anywhere in the state, a continuation of the firm’s innovative work-near-home strategy.
Attorneys opening the San Diego office will include:
- Ellen M. Bronchetti, a practical advisor and litigator who regularly represents employers in wage and hour, traditional labor, and other employment disputes
- David A. Gay, Ph.D., a prominent pharmaceutical and biotechnology intellectual property practitioner with more than 25 years of experience in the life sciences field
- Jeffery C. Giering, Ph.D., a strategic advisor to biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies seeking the licensing and management of patent assets
- Hazel Ocampo, an environmental and land use attorney with extensive experience on Clean Air Act, California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and Proposition 65 matters
- Thomas R. Brill, a veteran lawyer with decades of experience advising on California energy litigation and regulatory matters
- Micheal L. Hebert, Ph.D., a patent prosecutor who counsels clients on intellectual property matters in the life sciences and health care fields
The San Diego office, and the immediate placement of a multidisciplinary team of experienced legal practitioners in San Diego, reflects Greenberg Traurig’s dedication to serving clients in the region, as well as its ongoing commitment to the California market. –
About Greenberg Traurig’s California Offices: Greenberg Traurig has more than 200 corporate, entertainment, government law and policy, intellectual property, litigation, real estate, and taxation attorneys in California, located in Los Angeles, Orange County, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley. In 2022, Law360 named Greenberg Traurig to its “California Powerhouse List” of law firms in recognition of the firm’s lasting impact on California law and the firm’s litigation results and transactional matters handled for clients in the state.
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP has more than 2650 attorneys in 44 locations in the United States, Europe, Latin America, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm is a 2022 BTI “Highly Recommended Law Firm” for superior client service and is consistently among the top firms on the Am Law Global 100 and NLJ 250. Greenberg Traurig is Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certified Plus by The Diversity Lab and is recognized for powering its U.S. offices with 100% renewable energy as certified by the Center for Resource Solutions Green-e® Energy as a member of the U.S. EPA’s Green Partnership Program. The firm is known for its philanthropic giving, innovation, diversity, and pro bono. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com.
The full content of this article is only available to paid subscribers. If you are an active subscriber, please log in. To subscribe, please click here: SUBSCRIBE