National Healthcare & Life Sciences Real Estate Investor Update
• Medical office transactions slowed in Q2 2022 compared to the previous quarter. Quarter-over-quarter transaction volume dropped to $2.9 billion from $3.4 billion, a 14% decrease.
• Despite a decrease in transaction volumes during the quarter, the sector’s YTD sales volume has increased by 50.3% since the first half of 2021.
• Life sciences venture capital funding decreased by 13.3% quarter-over-quarter to $5.8 billion in Q2, but was greater than any other Q2 level prior to 2021.
• Despite caution by small and mid-sized companies, Big Pharma continued to buy up space across the U.S. Overall, the lab vacancy rate of the top 12 U.S life science markets fell by 10 bps in Q2 to 5.2%.
• Market volatility from rising inflation and interest rates cooled the commercial mortgage market in Q2, characterized by wider spreads and more selective underwriting and loan pursuit.
• Market variability has resulted in select banks “taking a pause”, resulting in less liquidity in other lending segments in the market.
For more information, please contact:
CBRE Healthcare & Life Sciences Capital Markets
+1 404 504 5965
Senior Vice President
+1 858 337 9412
First Vice President
+1 404 923 1259
+1 858 646 4740
+1 404 504 7864
+1 404 504 7936
+1 860 808 4810
The full content of this article is only available to paid subscribers. If you are an active subscriber, please log in. To subscribe, please click here: SUBSCRIBE