Published on June 22, 2020
On June 29, Concord Hospital will be cutting the ceremonial ribbon to open a new wing to its Memorial Medical Office Building, offering an efficient layout to support team-based care, enhanced exam and procedure rooms, centralized registration on each floor and a new café.
The state-of-the-art Memorial Medical Office Building West on the Concord Hospital campus will be home to nine Concord Hospital and Concord Hospital Medical Group (CHMG) practices, the Orthopaedic Surgery Center in partnership with Concord Orthopaedics, PA. and Concord Eye Surgery, LLC, in partnership with Concord Ophthalmology Associates.
“The new West wing of our Memorial Medical Office Building will enable Concord Hospital to meet increasing patient demand for primary care, specialty and subspecialty services from our exceptional medical providers who are in high demand in practices that have outgrown their current locations,” said Robert P. Steigmeyer, Concord Hospital President and Chief Executive Officer. “In their new location, our medical providers will be able to accommodate patients from the Capital area and beyond.”
Practice Move Dates & Name Changes
Practices will move into the new space in June and July. Many practice names have also changed.
Memorial Medical Office Building West will include:
- Concord Hospital Internal Medicine, formerly CHMG Internal Medicine, open June 29, Floor 2;
- Concord Hospital Anticoagulation Clinic-Internal Medicine, open June 29, Floor 2;
- Concord Hospital Urologic Institute, formerly Concord Hospital Center for Urologic Care, open July 13, Floor 1;
- Concord Hospital Pelvic Medicine, formerly Concord Hospital Center for Urologic Care’s Pelvic Medicine, open July 13, Floor 1;
- Concord Hospital Obstetrics & Gynecology, formerly CHMG Concord Obstetrics & Gynecology, open July 13, Floor 1;
- Concord Hospital Cardiology, former Concord Hospital Cardiac Associates, open July 27, Ground Floor;
- Concord Hospital Cardiothoracic Surgery, formerly CHMG Cardiothoracic Surgery, open July 27, Ground Floor;
- Concord Hospital Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, formerly CHMG Concord Pulmonary Medicine, open July 27, Ground Floor;
- Concord Hospital Neurology, formerly CHMG Neurology Associates, open July 27, Ground Floor.
- State-of-the-art glass with automatic shading to help conserve energy;
- Use of steam from the existing steam plant to support the heating system;
- LED lighting and lighting control throughout the building;
- Converting some instruments/supplies that require sterilization to disposable instruments that can be recycled;
- Advanced building automation system which controls temperatures in the space and setbacks when unoccupied.
The full content of this article is only available to paid subscribers. If you are an active subscriber, please log in. To subscribe, please click here: SUBSCRIBE